At Lyric™ we’re on a mission to design and operate accommodations for the modern business traveler. The way we do that is by designing space and technology which empower a more creative and connected world.
Lyric™ is the leading tech and data-powered real estate and lifestyle hospitality company, designing spaces and technology to empower a more creative and connected world. Through key real estate partnerships that include 20 of the NMHC “Top 50” developers, our premium and purposeful Creative Suites™ are reimagining the future of living for the modern business traveler. We’re growing a network of spaces - set within inspired buildings in the most exciting neighborhoods in the country - that combines the productivity of a workspace, the inspiration of an artistic studio, and the amenities of a luxury hotel. Designed, installed and managed entirely in-house, we’ve created a dynamic housing solution built for the future of real estate. Whether you stay one or 200 nights, our focus is on flexibility, purpose, and community to help you unlock possible.
The Commercial Project Manager will spearhead our commercial development phase on a new property we’re working on in NYC. This person will work very closely with our Brand and Operations team to make sure our Lyric Creative Suites are delivered on-time, on-budget, and on-brand so that all our guests feel at home everywhere.
- Manage the overall commercial development phase of our newest project in NYC
- Establish construction budgets & overall master plan with schedules and milestones
- Develop, track, update, forecast, and modify the project schedule and budget throughout all phases of the project
- Prepare scopes of work for vendors and contractors based on the schematic plans created from our design team
- Review construction drawings and project documents for completeness and accuracy
- Complete and monitor RFPs and RFIs, submittals, and change orders
- Provide day-to-day project oversight and communication with internal and external teams
- Assess change requests to determine impacts to scope, budget, schedule, quality, and risk
- Produce status reports to track against goals, objectives, risks, approved budgets & approved timelines
- Negotiate with vendors and contractors to drive down the overall costs
- Manage punch list and oversee project closeout
- Bachelor’s Degree in construction management or a related field (design, architecture, etc.)
- 5+ years of industry/project management experience
- Working knowledge of commercial design techniques, schematic drawings and precision technical plans
- Deep experience with construction/ contracts/ materials/ methodology/ negotiations / process / requirements involved commercial real estate development
- Technical skills including 2D/3D visualization and knowledge of modeling programs a plus (Revit, Autocad, Sketchup)
- Ability to create master program schedule
- Strong and impeccable communication skills with the ability to synthesize complex concepts to various stakeholders.
- Exceptional organizational skills and problem solving abilities
- Have knowledge of construction industry best practices
- Proactively manage challenging, multi-faceted projects with attention to detail, identify and develop solutions to challenges, and adapt quickly to changes
- Substantial knowledge of prime contract terms and conditions, and the ability to read and write subcontract agreements
- Strong computer skills and literacy in scheduling, word processing, presentation, and spreadsheet software
- Extensive project estimating and scheduling experience
- Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.
- Workframe or sim a plus
- Discovery call with talent insider to align what you want with our business needs
- Conversation with the hiring manager to calibrate around your current skills and experience relative to the work we’re asking you to take on, in this role as it relates to the Lyric business need
- Further meetings with cross-functional key stakeholders at Lyric