Clutter is an on-demand, technology company based in Los Angeles that is disrupting the $50B/year self-storage and moving industries. We’ve built an end-to-end logistics and supply chain platform that enables us to offer consumers a much more convenient solution at price parity with the incumbents. We’ve raised $300M from a number of VCs, including SoftBank, Sequoia, Atomico and GV (formerly Google Ventures). We have 500+ team members and tens of thousands of customers in 7 major markets across the US with plans to be in 50+ markets, domestically and internationally, within the next 5 years!
At Clutter, we're fortunate to be providing a consumer value proposition that people love and one that makes economic sense - a true product/market fit that few startups ever find. To deliver on our promise to consumers, team members and investors, we're focused on hiring, training and retaining exceptional individuals. This means that we have a very thorough interview process and maintain high performance expectations, but we'll always be transparent with you and respectful of your time.
As a Senior QA Automation Engineer you will be the first member of the engineering team to focus solely on the quality of our web and mobile applications, developed internally from the ground up. Your main responsibility will be to design, build and maintain automation testing tools and infrastructure. This includes designing test plans for accurately testing and debugging RESTful APIs and automating the manual process we use to deploy our iOS app. You will then hold the engineer group accountable for those solutions, acting as the invisible glue between engineers and product managers.
As a Senior QA Automation Engineer - you will:
- Own the automation function and evangelize software QA throughout the organization as the first QA Automation Engineer on the team
- Identify automation opportunities and build testing infrastructure across web UI, mobile, and data checking
- Collaborate with Engineering and Product to on test design and implementation, evaluating testability of new features, defining strategy for test optimization, and overseeing new internal automation processes to scale testing coverage for our vertically integrated solutions
Core Skills We Look For:
- Ability to read and write code in Ruby, Python, Java, or other OO languages to test software
- 1-2 years of experience building automation frameworks and/or test infrastructure for web or mobile applications
- Achievements in taking ownership over test automation efforts
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
Nice to have:
- Experience with testing mobile applications
- Experience with SQL, including ability to write, execute and analyze SQL queries
- Experience with Load Testing and performance testing
- Experience building QA infrastructure from the grounds up