Clutter is an on-demand, technology company based in Los Angeles that is disrupting the $50B/year self-storage and moving industries. We’ve built an end-to-end logistics and supply chain platform that enables us to offer consumers a much more convenient solution at price parity with the incumbents. We’ve raised $300M from a number of VCs, including SoftBank, Sequoia, Atomico and GV (formerly Google Ventures). We have 500+ team members and tens of thousands of customers in 7 major markets across the US with plans to be in 50+ markets, domestically and internationally, within the next 5 years!
At Clutter, we're fortunate to be providing a consumer value proposition that people love and one that makes economic sense - a true product/market fit that few startups ever find. To deliver on our promise to consumers, team members and investors, we're focused on hiring, training and retaining exceptional individuals. This means that we have a very thorough interview process and maintain high performance expectations, but we'll always be transparent with you and respectful of your time.
As a Senior Software Engineer you will join a small but quickly growing core team of engineers building web and mobile applications and developing our vertically integrated solutions from the ground up.
Supply Chain team: Our goal is to optimize the process of picking up, storing, and returning items for our customers. We write algorithms that calculate the best routes to drive from our warehouse to the customers' location, the best way to store items in the warehouse based on their usage and dimension, and the best way to schedule appointments in the future and to estimate their duration.
Growth team: Our goal is to accelerate profitable growth in the business to help Clutter achieve it's broader mission. We impact the broader Clutter culture by focusing on experimentation, analysis and moving fast. We're building a revenue yield management system that is integrated across pricing, promotions and customer acquisition and overall creating the best consumer experience for solving people's "stuff" problem.
As a Senior Software Engineer - you will:
- Write performant and testable code - building with high-performance, scalability, and fault-tolerance in mind
- Collaborate with Product Managers and other cross-functional business units to engineer new product features as we launch into new markets
What we're looking for:
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
- 6+ years of experience writing production level code in Ruby, Python, Go or other modern object oriented programming languages
- Experience building highly scalable web and mobile applications in an agile environment
- An adaptable and quick learner with a growth mentality who thrives in ambiguity
Bonus Points if you have:
- Hands-on experience in supply chain, logistics, e-commerce, payments, or monetization platforms a plus