ClassPass is transforming the $10B fitness industry by connecting people to over 1 million studio fitness classes annually, and inspiring them to live more actively. Since our founding in 2013, we’ve built the world’s leading fitness membership through a digital platform, proprietary technology, a global brand and an unparalleled community. We’re revolutionizing fitness, and even after being recognized as one of Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups, we believe we’re just getting started.
Our growing team (now over 400 strong!) is a passionate, hard-working bunch that believes in having a real impact on our customers' lives. We take work – and working out – seriously. We’re as inspired by the 35M+ reservations made to date as we are by the life-changing stories we receive from our members and studios, which is why we work together every day to innovate, create, and discover new ways we can make the world a more active place.
About the Right Team Member:
- Your world is in the palm of your hand and you live the mobile life.
- You understand how to code and ship diverse product features within the mobile space.
- Solving difficult technical problems related to user interactions as well as low level systems is your forte.
- You understand the importance of delightful UI/UX and know how to implement it on a mobile device.
Our iOS and Android apps are a hybrid of native and React Native code. Our iOS application is Objective-C and Swift, while our Android application is in Java and Kotlin. By using React Native, our mobile engineers are more cross-platform and our web engineers are able to contribute to mobile. We pick native or React Native based on what’s best for the feature.
Your language-specific experience is less important than your overall experience as a senior mobile engineer. We’re looking for people who want to evolve with us as we become more cross-platform in our mobile engineering efforts, while continuing to push technical excellence in our mobile applications.
- Innovate and create a cutting edge mobile experience.
- Create and maintain a codebase.
- Own and solve difficult technical problems and provide timely delivery.
- Be creative in improving the UI/UX of our mobile apps.
- 5+ years total experience as an engineer.
- Strong communication skills.
- Detail oriented and passionate about mobile UI/UX.
- Comfortable in a fast paced, ship-often environment.
- Deep understanding of the iOS or Android SDK and device landscape.
- Experience with agile development.
- Experience with React Native or React is a big plus