Clutter is an on-demand, physical storage and moving, technology company based in Los Angeles that is disrupting the $50B/year self-storage and moving industries. We’ve built an end-to-end logistics and supply chain platform, enabling us to offer consumers a much more convenient solution at price parity with the incumbents. We’ve raised $300M from a number of the world’s top investors, including SoftBank, Sequoia Capital, Atomico and GV, formerly Google Ventures. We have 500+ team members and tens of thousands of customers in 8 major markets across the US with plans to be in 50+ markets, domestically and internationally, within the next 5 years!
It’s a great time to join Clutter; we’ve raised more capital in 2019 than any other LA-based startup and were recently ranked #12 on LA’s Best Places to Work by BuiltinLA. Our Sales team is the voice of our brand and engages leads generated by marketing to educate them on the value of Clutter. We are looking for top-performing sales interns who demonstrate sales acumen, problem solving abilities, and a commitment to win. This is a Part-time 12-week internship program based out of our office in Los Angeles, north LAX.
What you get:
- $17 per hour, paid weekly + monthly incentives for strong sales performance
- Flexible Schedules: Start times vary from 6:00am to 12:00pm depending on what works for you
- Free daily catered lunches
- Hands-on experience in a fast-paced startup environment with sales experts
- Cross-functional mentorship and networking opportunities across all levels
As a Sales Intern - you will:
- Learn Clutter’s business model and become the resident expert on our platform & policies
- Lead a summer-long project to help redesign and improve Clutter’s sales process
- Manage a warm lead funnel of customers looking for a storage or moving service - no cold calling!
- Onboard new customers on a daily basis via phone, email & text
- Respond quickly to phone and web inquiries
- Demonstrate value to new customers while creating urgency to make a reservation
- Operate a short sales cycle with high volume to reach reservation rate targets
Internship Program Length:
The approximate dates of this internship are May/June 2019 through August/September 2019. Interns must be available to work 15-30 hours per week for the duration of the internship, and available one weekend for orientation prior to start date. Exact dates are to be determined.
Internship Eligibility Requirements:
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must possess unrestricted U.S. work authorization
- Must have the ability to work 15-30 hours per week
- Must be flexible to work weekends
- Rising Junior, Senior, or recent graduate from a 4-year Bachelor’s degree program
- Current majors in Business Administration, Marketing / Sales, Communications or related major preferred
- Desire to excel in inside sales, customer relationship management (CRM), account management and customer service
- Passion for technology and respect for the process
- Self-starter, possesses flexibility to work in a fast-changing environment with flexible shifts and ambiguous situations
- Vibrant and energetic attitude, willingness to perform and get things done