ClassPass is transforming the $30B fitness industry by connecting people to over 1 million studio fitness classes annually, and inspiring them to live more actively. Since our founding in 2013, we’ve built the world’s leading fitness membership through a digital platform, proprietary technology, a global brand and an unparalleled community. We’re revolutionizing fitness, and even after being recognized as one of Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups, we believe we’re just getting started.
Our growing team (now over 400 strong!) is a passionate, hard-working bunch that believes in having a real impact on our customers' lives. We take work – and working out – seriously. We’re as inspired by the 35M+ reservations made to date as we are by the life-changing stories we receive from our members and studios, which is why we work together every day to innovate, create, and discover new ways we can make the world a more active place.
About the Right Team Member
As a Platform Engineer, you will help accelerate our engineering team as we deploy frequently to production for 100+ services. You will help create systems, tools, and practices so that we can scale with increasing confidence.
- You have professional experience designing, building, and operating distributed systems at large-scale in an AWS environment.
- You use existing commercial and open source tools to create a robust, reliable, and performant platform.
- You can determine when these tools are insufficient and decide when it's time to write our own (and then write them). Our go-to languages are Python and Java.
- You are excited by big, complicated problems and try to solve them with creative, elegant, and simple solutions.
- You can communicate the problems and their solutions to other engineers as well as a less technical audience.
- You look at a process and instinctively want to automate it.
- You value simplicity and strive to eliminate unnecessary complexity.
- You have at least 5 years of professional programming experience.
- You treat infrastructure as code. Prior experience with Terraform is a plus.
- You are passionate about your craft and want to be surrounded by like-minded individuals.
- Free medical, dental, and vision coverage (including free membership to One Medical)
- Free ClassPass membership
- Flexible work hours & vacation policy
- Pre-tax transit and flexible spending programs
- Vanguard 401k
- Healthy (and unhealthy) snacks
- Casual dress - fitness wear encouraged!
- Team workouts, events, and happy hours
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.