Transform the product that closes every real estate transaction
Want to infuse a $20B sector of the insurance and real estate industry with first-of-its-kind customer experience? Yearning for a startup culture within a profitable nationwide company? Join States Title and send an entirely new type of real estate transaction model into the wild.
It’s no secret the housing market has peaked. Lenders, banks and realtors want to differentiate themselves so they can ride the down market and boost their margins. They are switching their customers to States Title because our data science algorithms, streamlined deal closing technologies, and overall product experience are leaps and bounds above the current market standard in terms of speed and value---so we’re growing massively.
Every mortgage or refinance transaction needs our product: title and escrow. Title insurance protects banks and homeowners against financially irresponsible actors or legal issues that cloud their rights; escrow sure makes sure funds are secure and the right people get paid at the end of the day.
Our streamlined, efficient algorithms have revolutionized the title and escrow process and allowed us to scale rapidly: we closed our acquisition of North American Title Company on January 7th. With a broad nationwide footprint, we are poised to turbocharge this industry, repurposing the billions wasted in rote, manual tasks to make homeownership easier and less risky, helping people invest time and money into more meaningful parts of their lives.
We're growing our product team
As a lead product manager at States Title, you'll take part in a fun and respectful corporate atmosphere. You'll interact frequently with an executive team that has significant accomplishments at PayPal, McKinsey, and Capital One behind them. At the same time, you’ll visit and interact with title and escrow experts in a variety of contexts and jurisdictions to formulate a revolution in what is normally a painful customer experience journey.
You’ll measure success by the amount of seamlessness and customer delight you drive as you dream up a revolution, transforming a process now replete with inefficient email, telephone, and paper interactions. You’ll design a unified, modern interface and platform for realtors, lenders, buyers, sellers, and agents, and attract actors seeking greater earnings and efficiencies in the post-peak housing market.
Do you have what it takes?
- 4-10 years of relevant experience in product management
- What's relevant? Any of the following:
- Fintech: you've worked with engineering teams and deployed credit, money-management, or insurance products
- Title: you’ve designed or led the product direction a customer-facing or escrow-officer facing software system
- Series A or Series B start-up environments: you've operated independently with little or no direction and identified value creating product opportunities for customer acquisition
- Our definition of product management:
- A product manager at States Title identifies business and operational challenges and owns these issues. He/she solves these problems by deriving and executing on value creating technological solutions for the company and/or its customers
- Strengths aligned with our needs
- Creative skills
- E.g. Are you able to dream up solutions and experiences that surprise stakeholders (are you inventing a better saddle, or are you inventing the automobile?)
- Business acumen
- E.g. Once you’re comfortable with the business model, can you estimate on the spot whether a newly proposed solution is profitable?
- Understanding of technical implementation costs
- E.g. Can you provide an independent estimate of the time to complete a project?
- Collaboration skills
- E.g. Can you get a group to make a controversial decision in fewer than 30 minutes?
- Communication skills
- E.g. Can you sense friction between stakeholders and your team before it materializes, and solve it almost presciently?
We want to help you do the best work of your life
We believe the most valuable investment we can make — and the greatest boost we can give your career — is an exceptional team of colleagues who are passionate about what we are doing.
We currently offer the following benefits and will continually evolve them with the goal of efficiently attracting, retaining, and leveraging the very highest quality talent.
- Our passionate, capable team will always be our #1 benefit
- We are proud of the team we have built so far, and we are excited about the team we have yet to add
- Learn something new every day
- Get more done than you would anywhere else
- Competitive salaries and stock option grants
- Top-of-the-line computer equipment
- Health, dental, and vision benefits for you and your family
- Flexible work hours
- Unlimited vacation policy
- A modern, dynamic 401(k) plan
- Wellness benefits (Health FSA)
- Commuter benefits (Transit FSA)
We believe in Equal Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.