Head of Customer Happiness at Parallel
San Francisco, CA, US
At Lyric we believe life should not be put on hold just because you are on the road. Travel should be an opportunity to feel more inspired, gain a fresh perspective, and connect with your destination. Our creative suites feature flexible spaces, purposeful design, and crafted experiences so that where you stay becomes a place for you to experience more.
As the Head of Customer Happiness, you will report into the VP of Revenue and Guest Operations, and improve Lyric’s end-to-end experience across digital assets, suites (housekeeping, maintenance etc.), and customer success (call centers and in-house). You will design ways for Lyric to measure on-brand experiences using technology, reporting, and field teams. You will partner closely with Product, Brand, Customer Success, Hospitality Operations and Analytics and drive initiatives that make our guest experiences seamless.
What you will be doing:
- Business strategy: At Lyric, we have set out to re-imagine the future of hospitality. You will develop a deep understanding of our guests, partners, vendors, and products and define critical KPIs and drive operational rigor and manage performance.
- Build and develop a team: You will build and lead a field-based team who perform building visits to ensure on-brand quality standards. You will also define clear goals and success metrics to monitor and deliver an on-brand guest experience as we scale with our vendors, including housekeepers, maintenance, security, handymen, plumbers etc.
- Special Projects: You will work on special projects that drive cross-functional thinking on how to deliver enhanced guest experiences. For example, we are operating full buildings (a hotel-like model) for the first time, and you will work backward from guest needs and use technology and people to help Lyric deliver an on-brand guest experience.
- Change-driven analysis: You will use your uncanny ability to translate and simplify data into true insights, and work with other leaders to drive business strategy and change behavior. You will build self-service analytics tools and dashboards to track our performance against an on-brand guest experience.
- Work cross-functionally: You will partner with Product and Engineering to build best-in-class solutions for our guests and building partners. You will provide guest and building partner insights to Brand, Procurement, Expansion, and Real Estate to refine the Lyric experience. You will be the glue, working cross-functionally to drive high-priority customer-focused initiatives across the organization.
- Build for scale: You will enable your team to succeed by creating playbooks that streamline our day-to-day operations. You will focus on efficiency by asking questions, collecting data, and performing analysis to understand opportunities to go-to-market better and faster. You will catalog best practices, set targets, and advocate for change to support our hospitality teams.
We are looking for someone with:
- Experience: You have consistently shown the ability to think strategically and then execute on that strategy. You have 8+ years of experience with a track record of building high-performing teams and delivering results in fast-paced environments.
- Customer focused: You take pride in doing right by customers and it influences every decision you make.
- Systems thinker: You are not satisfied with one-off solutions. You instinctively think about how to design systems that will solve problems and measure success.
- Data-driven decision making: You have leveraged best-in-class tools to support customers while providing the analytics needed to ensure quality and achievement of team goals.
- Scrappy: You are willing to get your hands dirty and look in non-traditional places to create value. No task is above you and you always figure out how to get it done.
- Open communicator: You enjoy working cross-functionally and are comfortable having hard conversations to achieve your mission.
- Leader: People follow you, even if they do not report to you. You can articulate why your goals are important and marshal cross-functional resources to help achieve them. You are a confident communicator and an even better listener.
Your first 90 Days…
- On boarding: You will meet leaders across the organization and gain an in-depth understanding of our products, customers, and tools.
- Analyze Performance: You will develop a holistic approach to thinking through the guest journey and measuring on-brand performance. You will identify pain points across guest stays and work with leaders across the organization to alleviate them.
- Measure Performance: You will develop and pilot a strategy to measure our on-brand experience performance across cities using either existing staff, technology, or secret shoppers. You will create a guest experience dashboard that tracks performance vs. goals.
- Support Customer Success: Our customer success team is moving to a near-shore model that allows us to flex capacity across channels such as phone, text, chat, email, and video. You will help the team measure and improve guest experience metrics, and work with Product and Engineering to drive initiatives that optimize multi-channel guest experiences and improve efficiency.
- Full-building strategy: Lyric is launching full-building (hotel-like) experiences for the first time. You will collaborate with the Hospitality Operations team to drive thinking around the guest experience at scale, including technology, staffing, security, housekeeping, guest access, reception desk, luggage storage, consumable replenishment, and maintenance experiences at scale.
Perks and Benefits:
- Competitive Salary and Equity
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Commuter Subsidy
- Fitness Subsidy
- Education Subsidy
- Unlimited PTO
- Pet Friendly Office
Lyric is building the next great hospitality company.
We design and manage premium short-term rentals, that combine the spaciousness of an apartment, the amenities of a 4-star hotel, the productivity of your favorite work space, and the creative inspiration of an artistic studio.
Powering everything we do is a proprietary software and data platform designed to inform every aspect of our operations - from location selection to inventory design, revenue management to personalized guest experiences.
The global accommodations industry is worth more than $1T/year, but it hasn’t kept up with the needs of today’s modern traveler. Lyric is changing that.
We set out to re-imagine what this future will look like, and we'd love to have you along as part of that journey!
We are a fast growing team founded by veteran entrepreneurs and backed by a number of the largest and most respected VC’s in the world. Headquartered in downtown San Francisco, we're hiring top talent across all business units!