At Urbint, our mission is to make communities more resilient. We do this by pairing external data with artificial intelligence to identify areas of high risk and prevent catastrophic loss for utilities across the country. We are a team of close-knit engineers, entrepreneurs, and data geeks who obsess over problem solving, new technologies, and making a positive impact in our communities.
We are seeking a Senior ML Engineer to solve some of our hardest technical challenges. You will work closely with our clients, fellow engineers, deployment strategists and others across the company to implement projects from start to finish, participating in data discovery, analysis, algorithm development, feature extraction, and delivery of results.
You will have a real passion for using dirty, disparate data to optimize business processes and highlight relevant metrics and insightful stories. You prefer asking the right question as opposed to offering the right answer. You appreciate ambiguity and are comfortable guiding others while obsessing over details.
We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply.
What You'll Do
- Explore Data - Understand and identify preliminary signals in the data prior to deep processing. Quickly analyze the dataset to assess its usefulness for AI.
- Prototype Models - Build features, uncover patterns, and discover models.
- Explore Techniques - From simple regressions to neural networks, we use a variety of techniques. You’ll have the freedom to explore multiple methods to squeeze insights out of data.
- Productize Models - A pattern is good, but a prescriptive solution is better. Build products that help our customers get the most out of their data and workflows.
Engineers who strive for a harder, more meaningful challenge.
- Masters in a science (e.g. Biology, Physics) or quantitative discipline (e.g. Statistics, Mathematics, etc.)
- 5+ years of relevant experience and depth of knowledge via data intensive roles
- Experience with geospatial data
- Experience with applied and scalable ML (e.g. MapReduce, Spark Streaming, Kafka)
- You are practiced at linear algebra and mathematics programming for production use
- Familiarity with r and/or python libraries (scikit-learn, pandas, and numpy a plus. Bonus points for XGBoost, Tensorflow and/or MxNet)
- Proven experience delivering analytics (scoping, modeling, interpreting, presenting)
- Comfort with ambiguous problems and undefined solutions
- Ability to work on teams and articulate technical solutions
- Mission Driven - Some companies use AI to serve better digital ads and trade stocks, we seek to make our communities more resilient.
- Top Compensation - Competitive compensation package with 100% benefit coverage.
- Prime NoHo Location - Our office sits in the heart of NYC’s historic NoHo district and is just minutes away from the BDFM, RW, and 6 subway lines.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.