Notary Operations Specialist at Notarize
Fairfax, VA, US
Do you thrive on supporting others to get the job done? Are you known for never overlooking the small details? Then our Notary Operations Agent role has your name written all over it! This is an outstanding opportunity to join a growing technology company that is transforming how business is done in the the real estate and mortgage market. Our Notary Operations team, consisting of notary and support staff, is one of the first contacts a customer makes with Notarize.
In this crucial role, you help our customers execute some of the most important transactions of their lives, such as buying a house. Upon joining the team, you will receive training on all things notarization and be certified as a commissioned notary public. You will then go live on our platform to meet with our customers over video to conduct remote notarizations. As you continue growing with us, you will become certified as a Notary Signing Agent and lead customers through full remote mortgage eclosings.
We’re looking for candidates who are self-starters, thrive in fast-paced environments, and are eager to collaborate with a team. Sound like you? Read on to learn more about what you’ll do and what we’re looking for in candidates.
What you'll do:
- Maintain current knowledge of VA Notary Law & Notarize Policy/Procedures, but don’t worry - we’ll teach you everything you need to be successful and ensure our customers are too.
- Collaborate closely with Notary Ops managers and other signing agents to ensure smooth closing experiences for all clients.
- Provide personable and professional customer service while notarizing a variety of documents for our customers.
- Develop and sustain subject-matter expertise in eClosings and Notary Signing Agent protocols.
What you bring to the table:
- Strong commitment and excitement for supporting others: both customers and teammates. Customer service experience a plus!
- Comfortable with technology
- Excellent writing and speaking skills
- High attention to detail
- Ability to empathize with customers and walk them through complex concepts with ease
- Eagerness to work in a collaborative team environment
- Ability to pass background check
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of Mortgage closing documents and process
- Experience providing legal services
- Experience as a Virginia Notary Public/Signing Agent
- Video-based, call center, or face-to-face customer service support experience
- Experience contributing to training curricula or knowledge base resources
Compensation and Perks
- All notary expenses related to notary commission, e-notary certification, E&O insurance, NNA membership, and IdenTrust seal fee are covered by Notarize.
- On-site parking reimbursed
- Business casual work environment
- On the job training and ongoing coaching and development
- Unconventional and flexible work schedules - Available shifts: Monday through Friday, sometime between 1pm and 1am; Saturday and Sunday, all day
- This position is for a Part-Time Employee (working fewer than 30 hours/week).
- There is opportunity for career development as the company continues to grow rapidly.
- Training upon hire: 5 weeks of paid training, schedule flexibility preferred to complete training
Notarize is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We'd love to hear from you.